Friday, October 5, 2012

Pack to Deck - 1st Trade

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF ALL AGES AND WALKS OF LIFE!

I welcome you to the second episode to Pack to Deck! With your host, Dan Astryte!

Hey yo everybody come on let's get down! This is the D.A the Man~

So... As you all know, I'm in charge of Pack to Deck. And today... I decided to join Con for the training over at Paya Lebar.

What was to be my first time... Wait! Second time joining them for training, would also become the event that will start the ball rolling.



____________________________________

Okay so before I say anything. I just want to show you guys the cards that I got from the two Boosters of RtR (Return to Ranvica). Just so that you guys know what I started with. I'm only allowed to trade things cards that:
1) I got from the two boosters and
2) cards that I traded with cards from RtR.

So without further ado~ I present to thee the starters!

Common cards that I got

Uncommons, Rares, Lands and Token cards.
____________________________________________

Well, to be frank, since I'm a newbie, I totally did not understand how to estimate card values. And I won't be able to anytime soon. Eventually maybe. Just not too soon.

So they started training, Con gave me this old Blue Card book of his (THANKS BRO~~!! LOVE YOU! No homo.) which will become the official book of PoD. (No... Not pod from Birthing Pod. Its pronounced Pee Oh Dee, without the image of yellow stuff please..)

Yeah so I was trying very hard to look through the decks of cards that the Team threw at me, and I swear... My brain failed me for that entire moment. Like... Suddenly I couldn't appraise a rough value of those cards. But hey! If you have 2-3 decks of 60+ cards shoved into your face, I doubt you can.

Okay, maybe you could... But I'm a newb remember! Give me a break yo! Sheesh! Right back to the story...

... Basically... Most of the time I was looking through all them cards, trying hard to figure out data that's rushing into my head. I can't believe I spent my time like that. And I wanted to hijacks someone's deck and fight someone. So much for that idea.

Fast forward yada yada yoda baga, and it was nearing leaving time. Still in my muddled state, a fine gentleman finally broke a deal with me.

"I'll take Precinct Captain, for these four cards. I know I'm undercharging but hey. I'm supporting and looking forward to the project."

What were the four cards you ask? Well... They are right here~~

That's right! One rare for the price of 4!
Too good to be true but hey! It happened. Great way to start the ball rolling.

So I'd like to thank the said gentleman for his generous offer ( I know you know who you are! Just drop me a message if you want to be identified~ ) and officially starting Project Pack to Deck! You sir are like the guy who cuts the ribbon or smashed the bottle of perfectly good wine (not like I can drink it...) and I would humbly express my gratitude!
______________________ *Fade transition :x*________________________

So, even with all the trading, you guys might be wondering what's the "Deck" that I aim to get right? Well. I'm gonna cut myself some slack and go for a simple modern deck. So why not... B/W Tokens?

What's B/W Tokens? Well, its a Black / White mana powered deck that utilizes the power of "the masses" to win the game. Like how countries would send a mass of soldiers to fight war? Well, same idea here.

So basically, the deck I'm building would look like this:

Maindeck
Creatures
Soul Warden
Soul's Attendant

Enchantment
Honor of the Pure
Intangible Virtue
Leyline of the Meek

Instant
Midnight Haunting
Path of Exile
Raise the Alarm
Smother

Land
Arid Mesa
Godless Shrine
Isolated Chapel
Marsh Flats
Plains
Swamp
Vault of the Archangel
Windbrisk Heights

Sorcery
Gather the Townfolk
Inquisition of Kozilek
Lingering Souls
Spectral Procession
Thoughtseize

Sideboard
Artifact
Relic of Progenitus

Creature
Kataki, War's Wage

Enchantment
Nevermore
Suppression Field

Instant
Disenchant

Sorcery
Thoughtseize

___________________________________________

Yeap folks! That's basically all that I need! Now if you have any of these cards that you would be willing to trade off with what I have, please do drop me a comment and I'll get around trading with you alright!

Other than that, I'll be going around trying to get trades with others in the same playing/training area with Tableflip! Now... I need think I'd get about posting a pic of myself so you all can recognize me one way or another...

Well! That's for another day! Till the next trade folks! Astryte tapping out with 2 mana!

No comments:

Post a Comment