Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pack to Deck update~ A change of plans

Hey yo guys! As you are aware that I, Dan Astryte, Overlord of Space and all things sweet, am working on the Pack to Deck currently. And if you checked my last post, it was about building a B/W tokens deck. Well. Things changed.

No, I'm still doing it, if that's what you're asking. Ohh nononono... What changed is actually my target deck. So what changed? I'm going to go build a U/G Infect deck now.

Wait Dan! Infect? What? Why? When? How? Calm your horses and pull up your pants, whichever you have yo! Lemme explain.

So I've been playing with tokens on Cockatrice see? Well, I found out that it actually has rather bad match ups against... well... The team. And if I can't even win more than 1/3 of the time, I find the deck rather unfitting of my playstyle.

Thing with B/W Tokens is that you need to swarm and power up your army or else, they ain't much. And also consider that you can only do about what... 1 summoning/per turn until you hit turn 4/6? Yeah. Not only limited mana prevents me from countering the enemy, but also slows down the rate I can build up my army.

Basically, it ain't my style. I prefer to rush in and knock the enemy out ASAP. Kinda of like Ry and his aggro, but more on the thinking side as well. Coz nothing like a lil mind game to mess with your opponents~

Which is what I like about U/G Infect~ MIND GAMES YO! And the fear of being wiped out at turn 2 earliest, is certainly not exactly a good way to start your game, yeah?

So here's the new card list that I'm aiming for!

Maindeck

Creature
Blighted Agent
Glistener Elf
Ichorclaw Myr
Plague Myr

Instant
Giant Growth
Groundswell
Might of Old Krosa
Mutagenic Growth
Vapor Snag
Vines of Vastwood

Land
Forest
Hinterland Harbor
Inkmoth Nexus
Yavimaya Coast

Sorcery
Artful Dodge

Sideboard

Artifact
Grafdigger's Cage

Creature
Viridian Corrupter

Instant
Mana leak
Ranger's Guile
Spell Snare
___________________________________________________

Well that's what my new aim is for folks! I hope that you can help me with my journey! Until next time! Ciaos!

Astryte, trading out!

No comments:

Post a Comment